The National Association of Diaconate Directors (NADD) supports member Roman Catholic dioceses and Eastern Catholic eparchies in the United States and Canada in their work of formation, ministry and life of deacons. NADD member services include an annual convention, the National Directory and Ministry and Life Institutes, online document resources, discount book sales, program visitation/consultation, and networking.
NADD members enjoy many benefits:
- NADD not only helps diocesan and eparchy diaconate offices to operate successful programs for the formation of Catholic deacons in accord with the National Directory, but offers extensive post-ordination resources too
- NADD offers workshops, reference materials and opportunities to network with peers on issues affecting formation, ministry and life of deacons
- NADD keeps members in-touch through e-newsletters, meetings and in-depth online resources
- NADD conducts annual conventions featuring noted speakers and practical workshop topics
- NADD offers the Deacon Institute Series which will resume in 2019 following the 2018 Congress:
- National Directory Institute (NDI ) addresses the normative objectives for the period of Inquiry through Ordination
Video of Bishop Frederick F. Campbell, Bishop of Columbus and Chair of the Bishop’s Committee on the Diaconate, talking about the Diaconate upon promulgation of the National Directory (2005). Click HERE to view the video
- Ministry and Life Institute (MLI) addresses Post-Ordination formation to enhance the ministry and life of deacons in your diocese
- NADD resources include an online membership directory, sample manuals, texts of convention presentations, and books at a discount
- NADD is the sole diaconal consultant organization to the USCCB Committee on Clergy, Consecrated Life and Vocations
2018 Diaconal Congress
NADD is organizing the 2018 Diaconal Congress of Deacons to be held in the Archdiocese of New Orleans in July 2018. This event marks the 50th anniversary of the renewal of the Order of Deacon as a permanent ministry in the Church.
Planning for this speical event is underway, but we need your financial support to make it happen! Please write a generous check to NADD to help fund our planning and organization efforts. The National Association of Diaconate Directors (NADD) is recognized as a not for profit charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code.
Please make checks payable to: NADD-2018
Mail checks to: NADD-2018
7625 North High Street
Columbus, OH 43235
NADD Mission Statement:
The National Association of Diaconate Directors exists to support diaconate directors, associate directors, and their staffs with their mission to enable deacons, candidates, aspirants, their wives and families to utilize their gifts in the servie of the Church following the model of Jesus Christ.
NADD offices are located in the Pope John Paul II Education
Center on the campus of the Pontificial College Josephinium
in Columbus, Ohio.